- A Steady Flow Valve provides an additional flow of air into the
helmet backup air source for ventilation and defogging.
- B Auxiliary Valve supplies backup breathing gas to the diver.
- C Gas Supply Non-Return Valve is Commercial Rated™ and prevents
loss of gas pressure in the event of umbilical damage, preventing a
- D Neck Dam/Yoke Assembly
Secures the helmet to the diver’s head and positively prevents accidental
removal. The angled neck dam helps the helmet ride comfortably while workin
- E Low Pressure Plug is removed and replaced by a suit inflation
hose when the diver is wearing a dry suit.
- F Communications are either bare wire posts or a waterproof
- G Latch Catch Mechanism locks the neck clamp and yoke in place.
- H Water Exhaust automatically keeps water drained from the
- I Quad-Valve™ Exhaust System (Patents Pending), The new KMDSI
Quad Valve is a superior exhaust system with exceptionally low exhalation
resistance that helps to keep the helmet free of contaminants in polluted
water. The Quad valve is the first exhaust that isolates the breathing
system from the surrounding water with a four valve, low breathing
- J SuperFlow Demand Regulator provides adjustable, easy breathing.
- K Nose Block Device allows the diver to block the nose to
- L Silicone Oral Nasal Mask made of a hypo-allergenic silicone
material which has a longer work life than latex.
The fully tested SuperLite®-17B Commercial Diver’s Helmet set the working
standard for the commercial diving industry worldwide...
Many thousands of underwater hours have proved the design to be dependable,
comfortable, extremely rugged, and is Commercial Rated™. The SL-17B has been
tested and certified to meet or exceed all requirements for all governing
agencies. It is certified for use in diving operations world wide.
The helmet system consists of two pieces: the neck dam-yoke and the helmet. The
diver slips on the angled neck dam with the attached yoke. The neck clamp is
then slipped onto the helmet and locked. The locking system not only seals the
neck dam to the helmet but also secures the front of the yoke.
The Kirby Morgan 17B also includes our Quad-Valve Exhaust System which retrofits
to many of our Helmets. It is recommended for diving in biologically
contaminated water, when you’re properly trained and qualified, using
recommended procedures. This new exhaust has exceptionally low exhalation
resistance that you must experience to appreciate. The new SL-17A/B Helmet
Retainer™ (chin strap) along with the new SL-17A/B Yoke Retainer™ (yoke strap)
make it virtually impossible to have the hat come loose. These upgrades are
standard on all new SL-17B helmets and will retrofit to all previous SL-17 A/B
The Side Block Assembly is standard in the B configuration, receiving the
umbilical over the shoulder (17B as shown). The SuperLite-17B offers
comprehensive head protection, an adjustable demand breathing system for gas
economy, antiflooding features, rapid emplacement, a neck dam clamp that
mechanically breaks a low-pressure lock, and a trim to fit angled neck dam which
seats the helmet comfortably, especially when working in the face down position.
The pull pin neck clamp release provides a system for prevention of accidental